Monday, May 7, 2012

Give Your Heart A Break

Author's note: This is just a poetry piece I chose to write for one of my language arts goals. I wrote this poem after I listened to the song "Give Your Heart A Break" by Demi Lovato.

All day and all night
To sunrise
And sundown
I've only been thinking
About you

 I threw a wish
In the well
And wished for you

I didn’t know
I would feel it
But in the end
I fell for you

That first day
That I met you
My world would never be
The same way
It was before

I've tried playing it cool
But when I'm looking at you
I can see it in your eyes
That smile you try to hide

I don’t know what it is
But I'm going out of my mind
Just to let you know
I love you

Did you believe in love at first sight?
I didn't
Not until I first saw you

And yet
In the end
I'm still crazy about you

No comments:

Post a Comment