Thursday, March 22, 2012

Parodies

Author's Note: These are two parodies of the poem This is just to say by William Carlos Williams. These two poems are about the novel Deadly.

I’m sorry I have loved you
I know you don’t feel the same
You were just there

And you can not
be to blame
you must have saved your love
for a very special day

forgive me mister
you were just there
my eyes couldn’t resist
your handsomeness stare



I have breathed
in the air
That the sickness is in
In which so many others have

I bet
you didn’t know
You breathed in too
Until that one fatal night
Where you might just not wake up

I’m sorry for the sickness
And the curse
at hand
I just didn’t know
That you felt that bad too



These two short poems are about our group book Deadly, by the author of Julie Chibbaro. The first is a love poem, about Prudence who has fallen in love with her job, and with her boss. She can’t have him though, because she is only a teenager, while he is a 30 year old man, who doesn’t need nor want love in his life. On the other hand, the second short poem is about the disease and sickness that a cook was carrying around, and making everyone around her sick, and dying. The problem is, this woman Mary Mallon, doesn’t know that she carries a sickness that can kill anyone besides her.
The mood and tone of these poems is mostly depressing because it’s about a young girl that has fallen in love with someone, which she can’t ever have. While in the other poem, it’s about an older woman who is slowly killing people around her, unless doctors and policemen can bring her in and cure her.

No comments:

Post a Comment